Vanilla bean biscotti goes wonderfully with a cup of coffee or tea in the morning. Vanilla Bean Biscotti is out of this world. It’s loaded with vanilla, slightly sweet, and incredibly simple to make. If you’ve never made biscotti before, now is the time!
So let’s get straight to the Sweet Vanilla Bean Biscotti Recipe!
Sweet Vanilla Bean Biscotti Recipe
The biscotti is so hard and crunchy from being baked twice that it is difficult to eat on its own. However, if you soak it in your preferred morning beverage, it transforms into a gorgeous cookie-like biscuit that isn’t too sweet but just right.
Let’s know it’s the recipe so that you can enjoy it too!
- Preparation – 40 Mins
- Cook: 45 mins
- Total: 1 hour, 25 minutes
- 2.25 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup vanilla sugar (200 g)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cold and cubed (60g)
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
- For egg wash: 1 large egg beaten with 1 tbspof milk
- Set oven temperature to 177 degrees C (350 degrees F). In preparation for baking, equip two large sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Putting aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt until everything is evenly distributed. Cut the butter in with a pastry cutter or fork until the mixture is crumbly. Dedicate a separate space for.
- Mix the oil, vanilla extract, and eggs together in a medium bowl. Carefully incorporate the liquid into the flour and butter by stirring with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula until the dry ingredients are just moistened.
- Spread the dough out on a floured surface and knead it 8-10 times until it is soft and slightly sticky, using floured hands each time. Work in an extra 1–2 tablespoons of flour if the dough is too sticky to handle.
- Separate the dough in half and place each on a baking sheet. Form each piece into a slab 8 to 9 inches long and about half an inch thick. The egg wash should be lightly brushed on the top & sides of each biscotti slab using a pastry brush.
- The biscotti should be baked for 25 to 26 minutes, in batches or all at once, until it is lightly browned on top and on all sides. Take out of the oven but leave the heat on.
- Put it in the fridge for 10 minutes to cool down. When the slabs have cooled to the touch, slice them across the width into 1-inch pieces. Arrange slices, cut-side up, on baking sheets, leaving a quarter-inch gap between each.
- Put it back in the oven for other 8 minutes. Biscotti should be baked for another 8 minutes after being flipped over. There will be a soft spot in the middle of each cookie with crisper edges.
- After five minutes, take the baking sheet out of the oven and let the biscotti cool there. Toss on a cooling rack until they reach room temperature, then dip in melted white chocolate.
- As the biscotti cools, it hardens into a crunchier texture. In order to make use of the baking sheets in the subsequent process, it is recommended that you keep them aside.
How to Store Leftover Sweet Vanilla Bean Biscotti:
The shelf life of leftovers stored in an airtight container is up to two weeks.
Biscotti, with or without chocolate that has been baked and allowed to cool completely, can be frozen for up to three months. Before dipping them in white chocolate and/or serving, let them thaw in the fridge overnight.
We hope you like the recipe. Let us know your thoughts & suggestions in the comments below!
Thank you for reading!