When you want a quick and simple mushroom side dish, butter and garlic-flavored mushrooms will never get old. Mushrooms cooked in garlic butter are a delicious addition to any meal.
These garlic butter mushrooms are delicious on their own or atop your main course. Indulge in these rich buttery mushrooms with your favorite steak, chicken, pork, or fish cut.
This quick and elegant side dish is ready in about 15 minutes and requires only four ingredients (plus salt and pepper, of course). So let’s get straight to Garlic Butter Mushrooms Recipe.
Garlic Butter Mushrooms Recipe
Garlic Butter Mushrooms are ready in under 15 minutes and are packed with umami. The simplest elegant side dish involves cooking button mushrooms in browned butter, garlic, and fresh thyme. A simple, healthy, and versatile side dish that is low in carbs and calories.
Let’s know the whole recipe so that you can enjoy it too!
- Preparation – 5 Mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Total: 15 mins
- 1 pound Cremini or button mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 an onion chopped (optional)
- In a large skillet or pan, melt the butter and oil over medium heat.
- Put the onion in some oil and cook it until it softens (about 3 minutes).
- Cook the mushrooms for about four to five minutes or until they are golden and crisp.
- Mix in thyme, 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley, and garlic. Cook for an additional thirty seconds or until fragrant.
- Douse with salt and pepper liberally (to your taste).
- Serving warm, sprinkle with the remaining parsley.
How to Store Leftover Garlic Butter Mushrooms:
These delicious bits can be made ahead of time and reheated with little effort. Wait for them to cool, then store them in the fridge in an airtight container. They will stay good for about three to five days.
The best way to reheat garlic butter mushrooms from the fridge is to saute them in a pan over low heat. If you feel they need more moisture, add a tablespoon of broth.
Tips For Garlic Butter Mushrooms:
- Look for mushrooms that are roughly the same size so that they cook at the same rate.
- Mushrooms can become slimy if they are not rinsed before slicing, so do so right before using them in a dish.
- Always use a medium heat setting when cooking. So doing will prevent the butter from burning while allowing it to develop a rich nuttiness in flavor.
What to Serve With Garlic Butter Mushrooms Recipe?
When paired with steak, ribs, salmon, chicken, or pork chops, garlic mushrooms are a match made in heaven. Serve them as a snack before your guests dig into an impressive Cheeseboard.
We hope you like the Easy Garlic Butter Mushrooms Recipe. Let us know your thoughts & suggestions in the comments below!
Thank you for reading!