Fish taco bowls are an excellent choice for a quick and nutritious meal. The Fish Taco Bowls are a simple and delicious way to add a healthy twist to Taco Tuesday. The baked fish tacos with cauliflower rice and slaw are a simple and healthy dinner option that the whole family will love.
So let’s make one together! Here’s the Fish Taco Bowls Recipe!
Fish Taco Bowls Recipe
The seasoned pan-fried fish and homemade slaw in these low-carb fish taco bowls are served atop cauliflower rice, alongside vegetables and a creamy fish taco sauce. These taco bowls contain a number of different components, but everything comes together easily, and this dish bursts with flavor.
Let’s know the whole recipe for Fish Taco Bowls so that you can make it & enjoy it too!
- Preparation – 20 Mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Total: 40 mins
- 1 pound fresh cod fillets, cut into 3/4-inch thick strips
- 1 cup basmati rice
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup canola oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ¼ cups breadcrumbs
- 2 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup pico de gallo
For Cilantro Dressing:
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- In a food processor, combine cilantro, Greek yogurt, garlic, lime juice, and salt to make the cilantro lime dressing.
- While the blender is running, slowly pour in the olive oil and vinegar until an emulsion forms.
- Prepare the rice as directed by the package in a large saucepan containing 2 cups of water. Combine lime juice and cilantro and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the canola oil over medium-high heat.
- Season the fish with chili powder, salt, and pepper to taste. Coat the cod in flour, then egg, and finally Bread crumbs, pressing to adhere the coating.
- Add the cod to the pan in batches and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until it is golden and crispy all over. Place on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Make several serving bowls with the rice mixture. Fish, cabbage, pico de gallo, and avocados make a tasty topping.
- Serve with a lime cilantro dressing.
How to Store Leftover Fish Taco Bowls:
Keep the cabbage and sauce in one container and the fish, rice, and black beans in another. You can keep in the fridge for up to 3 days in an airtight container.
To Reheat: In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the fish, rice, and black beans in 30-second increments, stirring after each, until warm. After reheating, top with pickled cabbage and sauce.
It was the fish taco bowls recipe. These Fish Taco Bowls are surely an great way to add a healthy twist to taco Tuesday that everyone will enjoy.
We hope you like the recipe. Let us know your thoughts & suggestions in the comments below!
Thank you for reading!