If you’re looking for an inexpensive and easy dinner option, consider making some breaded Chicken Parmesan at home instead of ordering takeout tonight.
Breaded and fried chicken breasts are layered with marinara sauce and melty mozzarella cheese in this best Chicken Parmesan recipe ever.
Let’s jump right into the recipe for Chicken Parmesan!
Chicken Parmesan Recipe
The Best Chicken Parmesan with a delectably crunchy breadcrumb coating, homemade tomato sauce, and melted mozzarella cheese! Simple to make and well worth the effort.
Let’s know the whole recipe so that you can prepare it & enjoy it too!
- Preparation – 15 Mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- Total: 45 mins
- 3 large chicken breasts halved
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic or onion powder
- 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil for frying
- Salt and pepper to season
For The Sauce:
- 14 ounces (400 g) tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup fresh shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil or parsley
- 8 ounces (250 g) mozzarella cheese sliced or shredded
- Heat oven to preheated temperature. 430°F | 220°C. Prepare a baking sheet (or similar oven-safe dish) by spraying it lightly with nonstick cooking oil and setting it aside.
- On a pie plate, combine eggs, garlic, parsley, salt, and pepper. Toss in the chicken, turning to coat each piece evenly with the egg. Marinate for at least 15 minutes in the fridge, covered in plastic wrap.
- When the chicken is ready to be cooked, combine the bread crumbs, garlic powder and Parmesan cheese in a shallow bowl. Coat chicken by dipping it into the breadcrumb mixture.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high flame until it shimmers and is hot. Fry chicken until it is golden brown and crisp (about 4-5 minutes on each side).
- Spread a third of the sauce over each chicken breast and place the chicken in the prepared baking dish (sauce recipe below).
- Add a couple of mozzarella slices and a few tablespoons of parmesan cheese on top of each chicken breast before baking. Add some chopped parsley or basil.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer looking pink in the center and the cheese is bubbling and melted.
For Making Sauce:
- Prepare a medium-sized pot of hot oil. The onion should be cooked until it is clear (3 minutes), then the garlic should be added and cooked until it is fragrant (about 30 seconds).
- Mix in the tomato paste, sugar, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper to taste (If using). Simmer uncovered for about 8 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened a bit, then cover and set the lid. Try it out and season it with salt and pepper if it needs it.
How to Store LeftoverChicken Parmesan Recipe:
You can store it safely in the fridge for up to 5 days (in an airtight container) and in the freezer for up to 6 months. You can reheat the chicken in the microwave oven or toaster oven to give it a little crunch again.
What to Serve With Chicken Parmesan Recipe?
- Pasta — thin spaghetti, angel hair pasta, fettuccini.
- Zucchini noodles or cauliflower rice for a lighter option.
- Steamed vegetables
- Garlic Mushrooms
- Mashed potatoes
We hope you like the recipe. Let us know your thoughts & suggestions in the comments below!
Thank you for reading!